Thursday, May 14, 2009

May 10th, 7:00 pm

Will, I called you to say hi and see if you were headed home to have dinner with mom & dad since it was Mother's Day. I was surprised to hear another man's voice answer. He asked me who I was and I said, "This is Emi, his sister." "Well I am a policeman and your brother has just been in a serious motorcycle crash and we are airlifting him to Boston and who do we need to get in touch with?"

It is absolutely mind-numbing how life can change in just 1 nanosecond. Most of you know I am Will's sister, and a few of you know me very well. I wanted to start this blog as a way for all of Will's friends & family to keep updated on his condition and progress. I find writing to be cathartic and I hope this will help me grieve and cope with the situation.

There is a long, long, LONG road ahead and it is easy to be overwhelmed by the thought of Will's future. But I am so confident that Will can get through this. Will you are a strong guy, and you are even more stubborn. I know life has not always handed you the best cards, but none of that matters anymore. We are here for you in every way imaginable. You give me shit for running marathons and doing Ironman's .... but as I have tattooed on my left ankle: "Anything Is Possible." I hope that in October you will be there for me when I cross that finish line in Kona.

We all love you so very much and could not imagine life without you. Everyone you know is sending you strong thoughts and we will be here with you through it all. Day by day you will make it through.

No comments:

Post a Comment