Sunday, May 31, 2009

Sunday May 31st 2009: 3 weeks post-accident

As I was getting ready to sit down and update the blog, I realized I didn't post anything yesterday. I also was thinking to myself, "Hmm, this was a really low key weekend and there is not a whole lot to write about." But it just dawned on me; exactly 3 weeks ago at this exact time (7:30 pm) I was a sobbing, anxious, hysterical mess and felt as though the weight of the world had just come crashing down upon me. And now here I sit on the couch, relaxed, and feeling ready to take on tomorrow. I am sure every Sunday may be like this, but for this I am grateful. It helps to put life into perspective and remind you how you can feel so low one day, where you are thinking, "How am I going to get through this?" and then with just some patience, support, and the passing of time, you realize how far you have come.

The big event of the weekend was that Will got new glasses today! So now he can see much better and start to read some of the educational stuff he has to learn. ( I know he is REALLY excited about that- yeah right ;) As some of you know, Will usually wears contacts, but he had some eye injuries from the accident (bleed & increased pressure on the right, and a scratched cornea & infection on the left) Since he hasn't been able to wear contacts he has been wearing his old glasses which have an outdated prescription. He's had a new prescription since the end of January, but never got it filled (typical man). Last night the frames of his old glasses broke, so I spent the afternoon at Lens Crafters and was able to get his new prescription into new frames. (Thank you Lens Crafters!) Will has been COMPLAINING non-stop about not being able to see....wonder what he will find to complain about next? Oh wait I know...speech therapy (his nemesis).

No comments:

Post a Comment