Saturday, July 4, 2009

Saturday July 4th 2009: Peachtree Road Race

What a great 4th of July! Running the Peachtree Road Race this morning was an amazing experience. 55,000 runners and some awesome wheelchair athletes...totally cool. Will sat out with some of his Shepherd friends and cheered everyone on and took pictures. We had a brunch after the race at Shepherd where they did an awards ceremony for the wheelchair athletes. Let me tell you- those folks are FIT! (And not so hard on the eyes :) Very impressive. I myself ran a pretty good race. Stopped twice; once to have a picture with Will and another time to hug the nurse that gave me her race number. I also managed to sop for a quick 30 sec. at mile 5 to have half a Miller Lite with a group of guys :) Made it to the finish in 49:30. No too bad :) Once the wireless Internet starts cooperating I will post some pics! Also, Ty & I are doing a happy dance because we got an offer on the house! We counter offered and they accepted today! Very exciting! Tomorrow Ty will go put an offer on a home in Morrisville, NC. So exciting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment