Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Wednesday June 3rd, 2009:

I have to take the focus off of Will for a few lines here. Today was wonderful for 2 reasons and 3 people. First of all, our folks arrived today. Our parents have given us nothing but unconditional love and support throughout our entire lifetime. Though this is a challenging time for all of us, I know that we would not be where we are today without them. I also want to say that today was extra special for me because today was the day 2 years ago that my husband Ty proposed to me. Ty has always been and continues to be my rock. Next month will be even more special when we celebrate our 1 year anniversary.

So today was a good day :) Will had his wheelchair seating clinic, which is where he got to pick out the type of chair he wants and he got to "customize it." He chose the Tilite Aero Z, and the frame color will be a matte deep blue ice. I encouraged him to choose whatever "upgrades" he liked and he chose some pretty sweet wheels. And I am a loser and forgot to take a picture. The chair takes a few weeks to order and arrive so he will continue to use the loaner chair that he is in. We also were given literature on some other medical equipment he will need, like a toilet seat and a shower chair. I was aggravated to hear that insurance will most likely not cover these items. It's SO frustrating. Even though he gets a certain amount of money per year for durable medical equipment (DME), the insurance company usually denies some stuff. What the heck are people supposed to do!? His PT said it's stupid, but the insurance losers say that everyone should just do a bed bath- yeah right- SO lame. So the toilet seat and shower chair total about $500. Awesome- the next battle will be trying to get them to cover his catheters. This is also a hassle- so I'm told. They expect you to re-use catheters- that is just gross. Speaking of catheters though, Will did his first IC today and he said it wasn't as bad as he thought it was going to be. He has yet to start to manage his own bowel program. His bowel program has changed and he no longer uses the Magic Bullet suppository. I know some of you may not want to read this, but it's reality folks. His bowel program now is just digital stimulation- yup- finger up the pooper. Fun times- not so much. Tomorrow is the medical conference.

No comments:

Post a Comment